Thursday, June 26, 2008

Did I spell neurotic schizophrenic correctly?

This disease is like a neurotic schizophrenic. I got my insulin pump 6 months ago and it was like the magic ‘get better’ button had been pushed. My A1C dropped from 7.9 to 7.1 in 2 months then to 6.8. In May my doctor decided to take me off the Actos. My sugars became a bear to control. Lots of Basal checks and raising the insulin to carb ratios. I start running again and the sugar starts to get a little easier to control. Sugars are better but not great. I go for an EZ 15 mile bike ride this evening and wham I have a low (61) during the ride. Haven’t seen one of those in a while. If it’s not a 200 then it’s a 65.

The ride was fun. Just worked on spinning at a 98 cadence and keeping my heart rate under 70% (155-159). Got passed by a lot of riders and all I wanted to do was reel them in. But the evening was beautiful and the beach really looked great. Maybe the low wasn’t so bad, it made me stop and enjoy the beach I love so much while I treated it. Once I figure this blogging out I post some pictures.

No comments: