Tuesday, July 8, 2008

World Wide Half Marathon

The World Wide Half Marathon Challenge, another self supported race. This race is the brain child of Steve Runner from Phedippidations podcast (one of my favorites). This is from the website: “From every continent, all over the world at the very same time, someone will be running with you! Join a truly global community of fellow runners in a free, non-commercial event that celebrates the joy of running, with the challenge of a race! Share your local experience with a world-wide audience of fellow runners in the Phedippidations World Wide Half Marathon and "Kick the Couch" 5K road race!” Check out http://www.worldwidehalf.com/ to find out more information. I’ve done this race the last 2 years. Last year I did the Long Beach Half Marathon as my race for the WWH. The year before I just went out and ran 13.1 miles. Since I’m doing the Long Beach Marathon this year I signed up for the WWH race. There’s 431 racers signed up at this point from about 20 different countries. They were talking about getting 3,000 people to sign up, that would be really exciting.



I’ve been talking to everyone I come across about my Crazy-Ass Tri to see if people want to join me. I have 3 more people who are not runners that want to train up for the 13.1 mile running portion. That will be really cool. When I’m most tired in the race everyone will be around to help me on and because most are new runners I’ll be around to help them out.

BG’s have been great all day. Maybe it has something to do with the level 65%-80% exertion Brick (cycle then run right afterward) I did this morning that used 1600 calories before my day even got started. The diet today I thought I was doing pretty well but had the wind let out of my sails when Jessah looked at it. Jessah is doing Weight Watchers and they have a different way of looking at food, with points. Jessah figured that I can use 37 points per day. With my workout I get another 13 points. But I ate 60 points (some debate, Jessah used mac and cheese points for a casserole we ate and I think the fat content is not the same and the veggies are better for you and worth less points then mac and cheese) it was the couple slices of cheese I had as a snack. Cheese is my vise. We’ll have to keep working on it.

No comments: